Old Nick

Default OT - Outboard motors in a steel drum?

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:40:18 -0500, WCD
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I think it's cooler, quieter and less messy to run them like this.

Just one hint. Don't rev a slightly larger (20HP plus) OB in a 44
gallon drum with the gears engaged!! It suddenly become _very_ messy!

DAMHIKT

Not really related to boatbuilding, but I've often seen boat shops with
a 55 gallon drum filled with water to run outboard motors in. Why is
this done?

Is it maybe better for the motor to run with some load on the propeller?

Don't want to mess up my new motor!

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?