steveJ

Default What sail for a 12 ft. skiff?

Why not an eight foot spruce 2x4?
Rip it to the proper taper in the profile view, I assume it is a tapered
mast. If the mast needs to be thicker than 1.5 inches laminate two
cheeks of wood onto the bottom and whittle them down.
Fence rails around here are eight feet long and abour five inches
diameter. Way too fat for a mast for this little boat.
You want a sail that is as low profile as possible with a little boat
like this. You also want the mast to flex alot to spill wind.
63 feet seems like a lot of sail. Plan on getting wet.

EZ wrote:
For a mast I was planing on fence rail, laminated wood or possibly closet
rod.