posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats
[email protected] ohara5.0@mindspring.com is offline

Default Constitutional crisis

On Sep 7, 10:22 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
Assume the following situation:

McCain wins the electoral votes but Obama wins the popular vote. Late
in December, Say Dec. 28, something happens to McCain so he is not
able to take office. Who would become president? The constitution is
not clear on this, would it be Palin? Would the Dems insist on a new
election? If the decision went beyond the inaugural date, who would b
president in the interim? Would it be House majority leader?

Now, I get partisan. Assume Bush says he thinks Palin is the new pres
and says he will hand over to her refusing to give Pelosi any way to
bcome pres even for a few days. The Dems go crazy. A blue state or
two decide they will not recognize Palin as Pres. Republicans in
these two blue states are attacked. Palin sends in the Nat
Guard..............new American Civil War. Could it really happen
this easily?

You really need to read the Constitution.

Harry, I spend 99.999% of my time reading techie stuff and have not
read the Constitution since i was 25 yrs old.