Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Toasting bread

Denis M wrote:
Until now to toast bread on the boat we used an old cast iron wood stove lid
on top of the boat stove burner.

It has worked for all these years. Now it showing heavy cracks and we need
to replace it. We are looking for something better and easy to store.

Like many cruisers we first went through a variety of gadgets the boat
show hawkers promised made perfect toast. Finally a friend said "just
use a fry pan." We did, and it worked perfectly! You can get quality
square pans with a handle that are a cross between a skillet and fry
pan, and that serves all our breakfast needs. It holds four pieces of
toast and fits nicely on one side of our two burner propane stove.