Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default I just knew this was coming...and soon

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 19:47:43 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

I wouldn't bother with a helm. I'd just have controls for the
transmissions and engine throttles.

Yes, that all you really need, and all that you see on sportfishing
boats with dual controls in the cockpit.

This subject is of interest to me because I am seriously thinking of another
boat. The one I bought is ok, but it's not what I really want or like.

I've searched high and low, looking at different boats, styles, performance
criteria, features, etc. and for some reason nothing really satisfies my
personal interests. Then, I realized why. Every boat I consider, I am
subconsciously comparing it to the Navigator.

So, maybe the thing to do is to get another Navigator. The one I had was a
"4800 Classic" which is 52'8" LOA. It was a bit too big to easily
single-hand, which is the main reason we sold it. (Plus, at the time, we
also had the 36 GB).

Navigator also makes a 44' version that has a layout that I actually like
better than the one we had.

But first, I have to try to sell the Mainship to free up the slip.

Something to think about this winter, I guess.

Eisboch