Justin C[_14_] Justin C[_14_] is offline

Default Toasting bread

In article , WaIIy wrote:
On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 10:07:24 -0700 (PDT), Bob wrote:

On Sep 7, 8:13*am, "Denis M" wrote:

*We are looking for something better and easy to store.

Barbarian !

Go to the web page below, scroll down till ya get to the "Non Electric
Stove Top Toaster." Thats pretty much the industry standard back in
the day. Most ur old school camping, as in "Elk Camp" or outfitters
will have them.

http://www.toastercentral.com/non.htm
________________________________________________ ___________________
Non Electric Stove Top Toaster
This commonly seen non-electric toaster was meant to be used on a gas
or electric stove burner. While there are many other models, this one
seems to have been the standard item in the dime store and hardware
store.

It is stamped from sheet metal with bent wire perches to hold the
bread. The inside is perforated to allow flow of heat to the toasting
surfaces. It measure 6 5/8" square and about 5 1/2" high.
Toast when you don't have electricity.
Non-electric Stovetop Toaster
Purchase Information
________________________________________________ ___________________

Yosemite Bob

Walmart to the rescue

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8586944

That's exactly the one my wife and I have, and have used when camping,
on top of a Coleman stove. The photo on the packaging is a bit of a con
because you can't fit 4 slices on it... unless they are from a very
small loaf. The best you can do is two at a time, and you have to rotate
them to get them done evenly - the lower part gets done quite quickly.

The one referred to at toaster central looks like it would work better.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.