P.C.

Default Wacky design thought

Hi

"Matt Langenfeld" skrev i en meddelelse
ink.net...

If I did get into a serious design, I'd smooth out the transitions to
minimze turbulence.

And why that ------ turbulence is acturly just what can eliminate drag ,
make the wet surface act different , but ofcaurse you need the feel about
how a hull act or rather the spots where it is a good idear to with
turbulence.
The boyancy can also come in handy, as you se with north sea vessels -----
just emagine one of these without the huge stern, it would not climb the
waves but go strait into it , beside that far from the middle of the boat
the extra volume will proberly make the hull more smooth moving.
Realy the art about making a good fast design, is to have the feel about how
turbulence could effect maby two thirds of the hull , making less drag than
what you would expect as an amature builder.
Anyway you will not know before you made atleast a scale model, making such
one, would be very easy if you just had the framework to place the panels.
-------------- Now Im'e not talking about 50 Kilo of clamps just to hold
temp. frames , but an assembly framework that would support itself while
showing the exact form, --------- like what you se here ;

P.C.