Brian D

Default Whacky design thought

I figure that anything powered by hand, e.g. rowing or paddling or pedaling
or ..., needs to have minimum resistance through the water. I think a more
traditional canoe body will move through the water better. You might
consider close-in outrigger type slim pontoons or a bi-hull instead. This
would allow you to manage putting fine entry and exits on the hull forms.
Think "skinny catamaran with canoe in the middle" to imagine what I am
thinking of, only you'd have a cat type pair of mini-hulls forward and aft,
none in the middle. I think that maneuverability will suffer no matter
what. Hmmmm?

Brian

"Matt Langenfeld" wrote in message
nk.net...
A friend and I were goofing around talking about hull shape and we came
up with this:

http://www.jem.e-boat.net/images/Development/XYak1.jpg

The idea was stability and reserve buoyancy but still having the ability
for nice tight vertical strokes.

I'm not sure what to think. Innovative or just plain silly?

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft