Canranger44

Default Whacky design thought

I it one thing to guess by looking at the picture but a good way to try this
design out would be to make a 1/16 model and test it in a tank or even if
its possible the naval academy invented a program to test ship hull designs
and since then it has been made available to the public some manufacturers
use it to start their canoe designs off. Sorry I can't remember the name of
the program I know Swift canoe and Kayak uses it se if they mention it on
their site. Till it is physically tested and put through a simulation no
assumptions on wave friction or drag can be made you never know what works
out.

--
Abe Elias
Diving Sparrow Paddle Co,
"Brian Nystrom" wrote in message

Matt Langenfeld wrote:
A friend and I were goofing around talking about hull shape and we came
up with this:

http://www.jem.e-boat.net/images/Development/XYak1.jpg

The idea was stability and reserve buoyancy but still having the ability
for nice tight vertical strokes.

I'm not sure what to think. Innovative or just plain silly?

What is the beam of the boat? If it's extemely narrow in the center, it
might work OK. If it's 20+ inches in the center and really wide at the
ends, you'll end up with a boat that pitches and pounds over waves and
will be hard to keep upright in beam seas, as it will be difficult to
lean and/or edge.