posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

Well, that really takes the biscuit!!! Bobsprit accuses *me* of
name
dropping!!!!

Yup, you absolutely named dropped.

What Hi-Fi do you have? What home cinema system? What camera?
What car? What telescope?

I have some high end stuff and some bargain stuff. Why?

Bob, your telescope is like your car. It is mass produced mediocre
tat that is made for the recently affluent working class man. These
things are desinged for *new* money. People who come from a
decent background wouldn't be seen in possession of such rubbish.

Wow! The director of AMNH science center owns a CPC-800 and suggested
one to me. He must have a rubbish background. Who knew that a person's
choice of astronomical instrument for their child was a class
indicator? Donal knows, that's who!

You *know* that if I wanted to name drop, then I would have
highlighted
my camera instead of the telescope. If you don't know that this is
true, then you don't know anything about astrophotography.

What are you babbling about? Scope, mount and CAMERA are all of
interest and even more so if you're only using scope for piggyback
shooting as I was.

So, which car are you going to buy? It won't give you any more
street credibility than the Pearson 30 did. Take a test drive in
a DB9, and you will realise that the cars that you have been
looking at are just piles of crap.

Evo X GSR. If you'd like to learn something about enthusiast cars and
why the Evo X is so spectacular (regardless of price, Donal), look at
these clips:
Ozzy...take a look, though you probably saw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qreQwTeaVWY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ksZ...eature=related

Meanwhile, I love the reviews of the beautiful DB9 that say it's nose
heavy, has a tendency to plow into hard corners and so on. As Ozzy
said, no thanks. Want real handling? Get a GT-R or Evo or even a
simple Cayman S. Want more comfort? Try the sweet Audi R8....WAY nicer
than the AM.

R.