posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] don234@lanode.com is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On 5 Sep, 02:08, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
On Sep 4, 6:07 pm, wrote:

I've looked through some expensive stuff, Donal. Have you ever
compared a new C8 with a Tak 7 inch refractor costing 12K? I have. You
might be surprised how well the C8 compares. Oh, and there's the
little item of actually using the scope. By the time you set up a RCOS
CF tube I'd have acquired and viewed a hundred objects. You have a lot
to learn. The best scope is the one that's used the most. That's why I
own two GPS GOTO scopes instead of a big dob for now.
You have a long way to go if you don't get that and need to name drop
pricey scope builders, Donal.

Well, that really takes the biscuit!!! Bobsprit accuses *me* of
name
dropping!!!!
What Hi-Fi do you have? What home cinema system? What camera?
What car? What telescope?

Bob, your telescope is like your car. It is mass produced mediocre
tat that is made for the recently affluent working class man. These
things are desinged for *new* money. People who come from a
decent background wouldn't be seen in possession of such rubbish.

You *know* that if I wanted to name drop, then I would have
highlighted
my camera instead of the telescope. If you don't know that this is
true, then you don't know anything about astrophotography.

So, which car are you going to buy? It won't give you any more
street credibility than the Pearson 30 did. Take a test drive in
a DB9, and you will realise that the cars that you have been
looking at are just piles of crap.

regards

Donal