Paolo Zini

Default Aluminum stitch-n-glue

I've had good luck with epoxy on aluminum in non-structural applications:
Wet-sand the aluminum - keeping a film of resin on the sander and the
surface. You then can mix the epoxy at your convenience, and work it into
the rough, wet aluminum. Your grinder / sander gets a bit messy, but the
unmixed resin cleans up OK with acetone. I did this, adhering "skid

plates"
to the bottom of a wood/epoxy hull. A couple years hard use, and still
firmly attached.

Great! I have read about your method, but yours is the first info about it's
succesful use.
You don't consider your application as structural, but is anyway one hard
test!

I have NOT had success with 3M 5200; the manufacturer refused to supply

info
on surface prep, saying they don't teach people how to build boats...

Wood

Also this is one valuable info.

Paolo