Steve

Default Fuel injection small block chevy

If we are talking about the original VW that came out in the early '80s, the
25 HP limit is probably true.

Been there done that.. That engine is just a converted Rabbit gas engine. I
think I remember that it only produced 40HP as a diesel. I blew-up two of
them in my '82 Vanigon. Never got more than 20,000 out of either engine.
Couldn't handle Calif. Freeway (80mph) speeds for sustained periods (hours).
These engines didn't have a tach but I suspect it was turning about 3k at 80
mph. Hole in the block both times. Too many broken pieces to tell which
broke first.

That VW block as a gas engine was teriffic. I had one in a early Plymouth
Horizon. Best little car I could have had for the price. However at
sustained high speed, the oil wouldn't run back from the head to the sump
fast enough. The valve cover would file with oil and the vacuum hose on the
cover would suck the oil into the air cleaner canister down beside the
engine. About a quart in an hour of sustained speed. I just moderated my
speed and drove the car for another 5 years.

Sorry for dragging this thread OT.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions