[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default Jobless rate takes a big jump

On Sep 5, 11:46*am, Tim wrote:
On Sep 5, 8:43*am, hk wrote:

Jobless rate soars to 6.1%
Unemployment surges to 5-year high as employers cut workers for eighth
straight month, bringing '08 job losses to 605,000.

Y'know. For the economy being in such pits, my wife made an
observance. she said"

"For the economy supposedly being so bad, it seems that people eat out
a lot, and like to drive their suburbans to grocery shop 30 mi. away,
and the movie theaters seemed to be full....."

i could go on.

Actually, restaurant business is way down, as is almost any retail,
including grocery stores. My wife works for YMCA and they are laying
off employees because people aren't spending money to exercise.