Terry King

Default Fuel injection small block chevy

I've 'marinized' a few engines and had many CG inspections. I've never
heard of a "Coast Guard Approved Carburetor". I have read the details of
the flame arrestor specs. etc. The only fuel-overflow protection I've
seen is on some older engines that have a tray below the carburetor at
the manifold-gasket level that has an overboard vent / drain.

If someone can point to more CG-specific regulation I'd appreciate it.

But my next conversion is going to be a VW Diesel anyway...

The only difference besides the flame arrester that I noticed on a boat I
once had was the float bowl vented and overflowed back to the top of the
mecanical fuel pump.

The biggest difference is that the fuel will overflow into the engine if

the
float valve sticks. Or so I've been told.

I don't mean to be argumentative, but I'm still wondering what other
difference there is..

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

The one who Dies With The Most Parts LOSES!! What do you need?