jim[_7_] jim[_7_] is offline

Default Mystic Harbor

Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 20:55:41 -0400, hk wrote:

What's the preferred route from New York City to Boston these
days...Conn Tpke to New Haven and then up 91 through Hartford and then
what? It's been 50+ years since I was in a car taking a trip from New
Haven to Boston, and we took the Wilbur Cross PArkway to Meriden, and
after that, I just don't remember.

Our preferred route is to take the Hutchison River Parkway out of NY
which turns into the Merit Parkway in CT. The Merit turns into the
Wilbur Cross parkway near West Haven, which then connects up with I-91
north near Wallingford. Exit I-91 just south of Hartford to I-84
east. Folow I-84 to the Mass Pike and continue east. City limits to
city limits it can be driven in about 4 hours on a good day. Taking
the Hutch and Merit vs I-95 is much more scenic and avoids a lot of
congestion.

Hairball prefers to fly.