Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Some sailor!

From his blog:

The faulty oil pressure sensor inside the engine turned out to be the
problem. The guys at Lohbergers didn't have the exact one for my engine so
they had to machine the one they had to fit my engine. Everything was
running well so I got everything prepped to go. Martin gave me a hand with
decommissioning my dingy. I said my goodbyes and checked out of the yacht
club. Around 4:00pm I dropped the mooring and headed out into the bay. It
was blowing a good 25 knots, gusting higher and right on the nose so
progress was slow. The way out of the port is a bit tricky at the best of
times with two large reefs and lots of shipping. As I headed out I had to
dodge a tug towing a barge. Right as I got past it the engine stopped dead!
I tried to start it again with no success. So now it's blowing 27 knots
blowing me on a reef about half a mile away. I spun the boat around, pulled
out the genny and turned back toward the yacht club about 2 miles a way
sailing in between massive container ships all the while trying to make
enough up wind progress to clear the reef. It was tricky but I was managing
OK tacking back and forth in 25s and 30s so I ran down below and called the
yacht club for a tow in. Their guys had gone home and it was going to be 30
mins before I could be towed in. I had to kill time tacking back and forth
in between ships trying to stay away from the the patches with sunken ships
that were only a few feet beneath the surface but invisible til you're right
on top of them. After about of 20 minutes of tacking around off the mouth of
the yacht club the guys came out and towed me back into a mooring. I got my
dinghy out, set it all up and went in for dinner at the club. I got back to
the boat for a good sleep - all the stress is exhausting. This morning I've
been working with some mechanics to drain my tank and hook out whatever is
inside.

Endquote.

I'd agree with the OP subject line but without the sarcasm. Well handled
under trying circumstances for someone so young.

--
Roger Long