posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] don234@lanode.com is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On 4 Sep, 01:07, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
My

4" refractor can outperform a 20 year old 10" reflector.

Uh, Donal....a Cave Astrola reflector from the early 80's will easily
top the highest end 4" refractor. It's simply going to collect too
much light over the 4 and transmission coatings don't equal raw
aperture. They've been making VERY good mirrors for even longer than
20 years.
I thought you knew something about this, but it sounds more like
you've read a lot of Vixen and Tak ads.

Wrong!! I've taken some photographs!
My coments are based on personal experience.
Your comments are based on personal ignorance.

Before you argue this point, perhaps you will tell us
more about your photo of M31. You pretended that
you took it from your back yard. I live about the same
distance from London as you do from NY. Do you
want me to show the same thing from here?

Regards

Donal
---