Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Some sailor!

"David L. Martel" wrote in message
Wilbur,

I don't think he has given up. I think he put in for repairs. Where does
he say he has given up? I'm at a loss to figure out why your describe him
as relying solely on his engine since he does seem to use his sails.

Dave M.

He claims to be trying to break the record for the youngest person to sail
around the world single-handed.

That's a crock of hock and we all know it. He's used his engine a lot. Wore
the damned thing slap out already. He's had plenty of help from people
flying all over the world to meet him at every port and pull his fat out of
the fire. He is *******izing the very idea of a single-handed
circumnavigation under sail. Now, it's got to the point where he has to turn
back after lounging around the yacht club for two weeks because his engine
quits again.

Seems to me Knox-Johnston didn't even have an engine. I don't think it was
allowed. And his was a non-stop circumnavigation. Now we have some snot-nose
motor-sailing by committee trying to claim a record? A record for what?
Motoring halfway around the world with the help of hundreds of people and
stopping every couple hundred miles to stuff his face in yacht clubs.

That's pretty pathetic, IMHO.

Wilbur Hubbard