[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Mystic Harbor

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 21:53:55 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:41:43 -0400, JimH wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 21:33:12 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:08:43 -0400, JimH wrote:

During our Labor Day weekend picnic I talked about our planned road
trip to Baltimore, NYC, Boston and Maine in mid October.

My BIL suggested a visit to Mystic Harbor in New Haven, CT while
traveling from NYC to Boston.

Does anyone have any information on Mystic Harbor?

You sure she didn't mean Mystic harbor in Mystic, CT?

Yes I guess I do. Bad info from my BOL.

No problem - things to do in Stonington (which includes Mystic).

1 - Gotta visit the Mystic Aquarium and see the Ballard Titanic
exhibit. It's interactive and is quite the deal.

2 - Mystic Seaport. Lots of stuff to see at the Seaport (which is
what I suspect your BIL was talking about). All kinds of restorations
and such, plus several sailing vessels of old including the Morgan a
whaling ship. Very cool place to visit.

3 - Seaman's Inn for dinner, but - eh - it's ok - Mrs. Wave likes it,
but it's pricey and I didn't care for it.

Seaman's Inn barely rises to "mediocre". The food is reminiscent of
Howard Johnson's. There are many much better restaurants in the area.
Skippers Dock in Stonington, The Fisherman in Noank (Mystic is also in
Noank) Alfred Packer Inn in Mystic and my personal favorite, The
Seahorse in Noank.

Then there are the famous, "Abbotts Lobsters in the Rough" and down
the street is Costellos, which is clam oriented. That's Abbotts and
Costellos - get it? Skip them.

4 - Stonington Harbor - also very cool. There is a resturant there
that's right on the main channel out of the Pawcatuck River that I
can't remember the name of now. I'll ask Mrs. Wave and send it along.
Get a seat on the outer veranda and watch the boats in and out of
Stonington.

That's Skippers Dock. It's pretty good. You drive down some very
narrow streets to get to it.