HK HK is offline

Default Mystic Harbor

wrote:
On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:08:43 -0400, JimH wrote:

During our Labor Day weekend picnic I talked about our planned road
trip to Baltimore, NYC, Boston and Maine in mid October.

My BIL suggested a visit to Mystic Harbor in New Haven, CT while
traveling from NYC to Boston.

Does anyone have any information on Mystic Harbor?

For openers, it's not in New Haven!

What's the preferred route from New York City to Boston these
days...Conn Tpke to New Haven and then up 91 through Hartford and then
what? It's been 50+ years since I was in a car taking a trip from New
Haven to Boston, and we took the Wilbur Cross PArkway to Meriden, and
after that, I just don't remember. It was a long, boring car drive,
sitting in the back seat. The only good part was the mandatory stop at
the Hebert Candy Mansion in Shrewsbury. I still remember the white
chocolate we'd get there when I was a kid.

The train ride from new haven to boston was a treat, though. Shoreline
to New London and then Providence, and then north to the Back Bay
station and my grandfather's house.