posted to alt.sailing.asa
redbeard redbeard is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

"jeff" wrote in message
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
Jeff's photo showed data acquired in x-rays. There is *NO* lens
involved in x-ray photography. Please do not feel stupid
because you did not know this. I'm sure that you are not
alone.

Tell these guys:

http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0022-3727/38/10A/042

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7289597/claims.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C0A9679582 60

http://tu-dresden.de/die_tu_dresden/...ch/xray_lenses

http://www.ifg-adlershof.de/linsen.htm

When my dentist points that lens-looking think at my mouth and it buzzes
it directs the x-rays just where they need to go. It might not be a GLASS
lense but there's got to be a lense of some sort in there.

No, that type of x-ray picture doesn't use a lens. Think about it. Here's
a hint: if the thing the dentist points at you bounces around during the
exposure, it doesn't affect the picture.

Not so. The xray machine is the source of illumination and the xray plate is
a stationary receiver and not attached to the machine. IIf the plate moves
during the exposure, the picture is fuzzy, just like a camera.

Once again, Wilbur is correct.

If the x-ray did not have a "lens", why is it aimed at all?

Here's a lens part number for a GE dental xray machine:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4063732AATtXgz