Terry King

Default Fuel injection small block chevy

I am building a 23 foot mahogany runabout to plans drawn by Ken Hankinson
(Tahoe 23). I am installing a small block chevy (reworked 350 cid)..I am
planning to use fuel injection on this boat and am wondering if an
aftermarket automotive injection system is suitable for a marine
application. Can anyone give me some guidance here?

Engineer, not Lawyer answer:

There are several working examples of "home built", "aftermarket" and
"Cooperatively designed" fuel injections systems. Two a
http://efi11.sourceforge.net/
and
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirtright.html

There is some cooperative open-source type effort that has many running
engines, and, I believe some marine engines, but you'll have to Google a
bit to find it. I am considering it for my 350 GM in the boat I built in
1978 and is still going strong. Sorry, I can't find the link immediately
here...

Wether you "Marinize" a carburetor or FI you'll have to be careful,
right??

Mainly be careful about being afraid to actually do anything.

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

The one who Dies With The Most Parts LOSES!! What do you need?