posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

Actually, you are missing the point that amateurs are using the
very latest technology. You do not understand that technology
in optics has made enormous advances in recent years. My
4" refractor can outperform a 20 year old 10" reflector.

I hope that you have found my post useful. I don't want
you to look so stupid again.

Regards

Donal

No, Donal, they are not. I can assure you that even the most expensive
optical systems geared to the high end amateur does not represent
state of the art in optical design or execution. True, a new high end
refractor will be better than older models, but again they are still
amateur instruments.

The most expensive scope I've owned was a Celestron 14 on a custom
built pier, but it was still a toy.

R.