Terry Spragg

Default Laying fiberglass overhead

jsheesley wrote:

Thanks guys, I was asking for a friend. I haven't seen the project
yet. Would there be any advantage to thickening the resin?

Oh, yes! Moisten the area first with thin stuff, then lay on the
glass or butter on the bog. You must decide on a method for applying
pressure overhead. Blocks, props, plywood and a garbage bag of air
or a wad of soft foam with plastic sheet parting membrane are not as
good as a real vacuum bag, but mucho better than nought.

It is very difficult to apply vacuum overhead with a porous border
to seal the vacuum to. You could 'paint' on a sealing zone.

Terry K