JimH[_2_] JimH[_2_] is offline

Default Voting records

On Sep 3, 8:04*am, TJ wrote:
Obama's followers are fond of quoting a statistic that McCain has voted
with George Bush over 90% of the time. The statistic varies with the one
doing the quoting, but it's never 100%. That means that, given
sufficient reason, McCain will go against his party leaders. His running
mate has also demonstrated a willingness to go against the party.

That is a quality I look for in an office seeker. I don't want someone
whose strings are pulled by the party. I want someone who is willing to
do what he or she thinks is right, no matter which side favors it. I
want somebody with some *guts.*

All I've heard about Obama's voting record is that it's the most liberal
* in the Senate. No specific statistics. Can anybody supply statistics
of occasions where Obama has voted against the party line? Can he think
for himself, or is he just a party puppet?

TJ

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/c...o000167/votes/