D.Duck D.Duck is offline

Default Trim correction??

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:25:25 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

. ..
On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:19:19 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

m...
On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:29:29 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:15:28 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of
Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC,
STP. " wrote:

Don White wrote:
Have I got the trim correct on my open aluminum boat?
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nhmN5u...eature=related

I wonder if it is safe to boat without being able to see in front of
you?

It does conflict with the responsibility to keep a proper lookout. I
looked at some pix of the Emma Mxxxxx the worlds largest boxboat.
Two hundred fifty feet from the water to the deck. Hide another ship,
not just a boat, under those bows.

Ok, I'll plead ignorance.

What is a box boat? I'm familiar with the J series "box" boat (I
think they call them cracker box) racers, but I have no clue what a
box boat is.

Especially one that is 250 feet high from water line to deck. :)

Container ship?

250 feet high?

That doesn't sound like much, but trust me - that's high.

Here's one 207 feet. Not sure if that's from the bottom on the keel or
the
waterline. Probably from the keel.

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/archiv...hp/t-8762.html

Depth is deck-to-keel which in this case is 30 metres or 98 ft
according to the specs. There are 8 stories to the super structure
including the bridge which, if normal corridor height is followed is
just shy of 60 feet which make it in total, 162 feet in height.

That's a little short of 250 feet or 207 feet for that matter.

Where does the 207 foot spec come from?