DonE

Default Aluminum stitch-n-glue

I've used West System on two low tech repairs on aluminum (both cast)..one
was a part from an excercycle and the other the low side AC fitting on my
mom's 84 buick. I used the two part cleaning system from west and both
repairs held for years...the buick went to bone yard with it intact and the
exercycle is still in use...the one on the buick ac fitting saved me lots of
work and some bucks..the excercycle some bucks.....I still have the stuff on
the shelf and will continue to use it for non critical stuff..don't know if
I wanna build a boat with it...or an airplane, but I've heard it's been used
there (planes).

DonE

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
"P.C." wrote in message

Hi

"Paolo Zini" skrev i en meddelelse

-Direct use of epoxy on Al don't work, mainly because Al is covered by

Al
oxide, and epoxy don't make reliable connections to the oxide layer.

Exactly , maby behind your desk but hands-on experience will soon show,

that
Sicaflex is a far better option a much more flexible glue and a

realistic
thing you know if you ever tried building composite hulls.
But this is not the issue in this fora, experience about unfolded panels

can
be found as early as Cyber-Boat, where you will se a few composite

projects
done in real and not just for the fancy project but for the exiting

options
that computers offer.
If you want to make the issue an interesting one, sketch a river boat

and
omit the old crafts or make a fool out of those who caturly can build a
boat, join up with the useal crowd of jokers and make usenet what it

alway's
was made for, throwing dirt and in particular in a way where you can

laugh
the bottom out your pans ,without knowing a clue about the issue.

P.C.

You narrow minded idiot, don't you ever give up?