posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.scuba,uk.rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring
ComandanteBanana ComandanteBanana is offline

Default WHO'S LIABLE IF I DO GET HIT?

On Sep 3, 10:52*am, "Lee Bell" wrote:
But this philosophy of "big fish vs. little fish," I have learned
recently, carries over to where you can keep you kayak or motorboat.
This lady told me that the selective tenants of her upper scale condo
don't want kayaks there... but welcome yachts.

Money talks. *The managee protection plan for S. Florida includes limits on
boat slips, which is driving owners of larger boats to look for places to
keep them. *This, in turn, is creating an opportunity for those with docks
to make a lot of money by providing those spaces. *Kayaks don't generate
income. *Yachts do. *It's a fact of life.

Well, I don't see much of an argument here. The same thing happened to
me with a motorcycle. That reason being that the kickstand could make
a hole on the pavement, serious.

The signs may as well say, "Yachts and SUVs welcome, kayaks and bikes
are not."

I meant bicycles but it applies to both motorized and non motorized.

I go all the time into my girlfriend's hotel with a bicycle and I have
fun seeing the security guards follow me and ask me all kinds of
questions, "Chief, what are you doing here?" Then I tell them the
apartment number and they have to shut up. Today I got even. I went in
the back door, and when the guard thought he finally caught me
slipping in, I produced the key and said, "What's up chief?"

He still followed me but only saw me taking my mail and walking out.
You know, the usual routine.

The moral of this story is that monkeys in bikes or kayaks are not
welcome everywhere.