Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Island Time, PC- Saturday, August 30...

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 09:55:37 -0400, "Skip Gundlach"
said:

Martha's Vineyard was, indeed, a much more laid-back place, and
while it didn't have the community-provided free restrooms and
showers, the ferry terminal had not only restrooms but ample
information about where to go, things to see, and how to get
there.

You must be speaking of Edgartown. Both Vineyard Haven and Menemsha have
them.

There are certainly lots of free restroom centers on the Vineyard -
three that I know of in Vineyard Haven, two in Oak Bluff. Edgartown is
the exception with its main restroom/visitor center in a few blocks away
from the waterfront in the bus depot on Church St. There are showers at
the VH town dock and there used to be some in Edgartown, but I don't
know if they are still open to the public.

The one complaint I have of the Vineyard is that Edgartown no longer
permits anchoring in Katama Bay. It used to be that you could go to
Edgartown without a reservation knowing that you could always find a
secure spot up in the Bay; but they decided it was "harmful to the
environment," which is a euphemism for eyesore to the rich folk. This
was proven when the cut open in South Beach so that the Bay now gets
well flushed, but they still don't allow anchoring.