posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats
tankfixer tankfixer is offline

Default This is not a test

In article , raymond-
says...

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Fred J. McCall wrote:
hk wrote:

:Eisboch wrote:
: "hk" wrote in message :
. ..
: : Ain't that the truth. It is amazing and disgusting how the far
right uses : religion. If there is a hell, they'll all burn in it for
hypocrisy's sake : alone.
: : Right beside the "pro-choicers" who condemn women for choosing not
to abort : a child with a handicap.
: :
:Pro-choicers do not force their beliefs on anti-abortionists, ...
:

Well, yeah, they do.

:
:... but :anti-abortionists want to force their beliefs on pro-choicers.
:

I know it's hard for folks like you, but let's try and look at this
from the other side and then form an analogy that will feel the same
to you as abortion does to them.

Suppose I believe I should be able to murder unwanted people pretty
much at will for any reason or for no reason at all other than that
they inconvenience me. You disagree and go on about the sanctity of
human life and how killing them is wrong and want laws to stop me. My
response is that very few of the two leggers are actually human, so
killing the others is no worse than cutting a fingernail.

So, wouldn't there be something wrong with you NOT wanting to 'force
your view' on me?

That's how they feel about abortion. For you it's an intellectual
question. For them it's a case of whether murder is acceptable.
Discussion of the issue as if it is just an intellectual question for
them, as well, is simply a waste of time and effort and pretending
that there is something 'wrong' because they don't view it the way you
do is merely specious.

Your supposition is silliness.
If the anti-abortionists were truly against killing human beings, they
would be opposed to capital punishment and war. But most aren't; they
pervert their religious texts to justify capital punishment and war.

In my heart, I believe the anti-abortionists are that way because of
psychological, rather than religious reasons, anyway. It is a patriarchal
belief, even though some women share in it. It is a method to control
women.

"republicans believe the right to life starts at conception and ends with
birth"
barney frank.

Now there's an intellectual mind for you.

--
Meddle ye not in the Affairs of Dragons, for Thou art Crunchy and taste
Goode with Ketchup.