Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Getting Oriented

On 2 Sep 2008 10:19:01 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 08:09:54 -0400, Wayne.B
said:

Long walk through some tough neighborhoods - the Empire State Building
is at 34 Street and 5th Avenue.

You're a bit behind the times. May have been the case 25 years ago. Today I
can't think of much I'd call "rough" between the 79th St. boat basin and
34th St. But from 79th to 34th I'd spring for the bus or subway.

I guess it depends somewhat on what route you take. I've never been
keen on walking through the Hell's Kitchen area even though I have
done it a few times. It's been a while for me, perhaps Rudy cleaned
things up a bit.