posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On Sep 2, 6:05 am, OzOne wrote:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 20:03:19 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"

wrote:
Hey, Ozzy! How ya been?

Great.....except for a couple of broken ribs about 6 weeks ago from a
skiing fall.

I've driven both the GSR and MR. I chose the GSR 5 speed because I
know for a fact the tranny is tougher. Having said that I will admit
that the SST automatic almost caught me. I've driven some very high
end automatics and the SST in the Evo X MR is soooo good that I could
live with it happily. Much of the time I had to admit that the damn
thing was doing a better job than I could and I'm pretty quick with a
clutch. Still, my car is getting a flash tune and I'm worried that the
MR tranny really isn't all that tough. It's also nearly impossible to
service, so I rather go through a clutch than a whole tranny.
The car IS amazing. My buddy drives a AWD 911 Turbo and in spite of
that car's power advantage, the Evo seems to make high speed cornering
even better...and it's got two extra doors and back seats. After the
small mod to the computer my Evo will have 370 HP. The stock tune is
pretty weak. I drove one with the mod and it was far better...quicker
to be sure.
I'm getting it with Navigation, Fosgate audio and the Aero/SSS
package. I was angry that the GSR had no leather option, so I've
arranged for the install of the European Mitsubishi leather for
another 1300 bucks. The standard cloth is not very good.
You'll love it...a truly great car to drive and Thomas fits in the
back seat!

The Good Captain
35s5
NY

Yep, great car.
I went for the sst after driving the car.
I ticked all the boxes on the option form, but won't know what I'll be
getting until the car is actually released here and the order can be
firmed up with what we can actually get.
I'll let you know.

OzOne of the three twins

Ozzy, the SST is a ton of fun and a better daily driver than the GSR
since it has a taller final gear for highway cruising. It's truly an
amazing system better than any other. Which color did you pick??!!!

R.