Steve

Default Spruce spars source ?

Sounds like a good source of mast making information.

My biggest problem was always the clamping requirements.

Second was building a long straight bench to build the mast on.. Not
something that you can do on a couple saw horses.

Once I had the bench built, I then built about 100 square clamp frames and
about 500 wedges. All of this generally ends up in a mass production
operation..

As a military person, most of the time I was building boats and masts, each
new project found me in a new location and of course the need to build
everything from scratch again.

I don't think I would build another mast, with the availability of good used
aluminum mast and the light weight advantages they afford.

I'd leave the wood mast to the traditional boats where alum. would be an eye
sour.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions