William R. Watt

Default Building a small sailboat...help

Randall ) writes:
Thanks for the great input. there is a great website I found ...

http://pocketcruiserguide.com/BoatsUbuild.htm

This site has a ton of great links.

here's the website of a fellow who decided recently on a small cruiser to
build ...

www.huv.com/sailing

there are lots of small cruisers which I consider to be solo boats but
which are marketed as 2-4 person pocket cruisers. they are okay for two
people for a long weekend but for a 1-2 week vacation they are one-person
cruisers. It's usually proposed you can take 2 children and make them
sleep in the cockpit, or let the kids have the cabin and the parents sleep
in the cockpit, depends on who wants to battle the biting insects and damp
night air.

I started a 15 ft lightweight solo cruiser design which you can see on my
website under "Boats" and then "Designs". Its so light I'd have to sleep
on the centerline. Mostly I wanted to predict performance so you'll see a
lot of numbers and comparisons with other boats, including racing dingy's,
if you're interested in that sort of thing.

the UK "Dingy Cruising Association" has a website you might like to see. I
don't have the address but a search at www.google.com will find it.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm