___m___~Пе____m___

Default What paint to use

Pat wrote:

Hi,
I have an older fiberglass sailboat that has had a bad paint job. I am
currently sanding and repairing the bad spots in preparation for painting.

I would like some input as to what paint to use. I will be applying it
with rollers and brushes. I can't afford to have it done and I'm not a
spray guy. I have been looking at Awl grip but am told it's hard to apply
and work with.
What about polyester? Any help would be appreciated.

It's probably been discussed many times but I'm new to the news group.

Thanks, Pat

"Older fiberglass sailboat" being the words of note.
I painted an older Hobie cat with enamel from large local department store
that doesn't need any advertisment space here that starts with a "W".
Used a short nap roller and badger look alike cheap brush to tip it with.
Looked pretty good for more than a couple of years.
Of course it was`trailered and I tried to keep it covered most of the time.
Your results may vary, but I will probibly use the same method again this
year.
Maybe orange toward the front the rest in sunshine yellow works for me.

Looks great from the shore, and after all you won't be on the shore to care
what the critics have to say.
Enjoy the sailing.
--