Default Gotta admit ...

Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:
Don White wrote:

If every workplace was as fair as yours...unions would be out of
business.
I worked for a 'Crown Corporation' and in a big somewhat impersonal
national workplace always complaining about insufficient funds from
the gov't, a union to protect employees was and still is necessary.
I can guarantee you that by American standards, we weren't overpaid.
One bad period we went almost four years without a cost of living
increase, and when we did get increases it was always a struggle to
stay even with inflation.
It really sounded like a terrible place to work. Why in the world
would an intelligent individual with marketable skills work in a
substandard workplace.

I understand you know next to nothing about working conditions outside
your little redneck heaven, but the Corp I worked for was considered
one of the better workplaces in this area when I joined up in the
early 70s.

PS - Don, what does it say about your city, your providence and your
country when one of the better workplaces is a big somewhat impersonal
government employee, which has insufficient funds, a union which was
not able negotiate salaries that was able to keep up with the cost of
living. It really does sound like you live in redneck hell.