[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Power and Sail Squadron recreational boater qualifications.

On Aug 31, 5:03*pm, wrote:
... I think a federal license that
gives you the right to operate a boat must be recognized by a state.
No?

No.

Really? What about the supremacy clause of the Constitution? You're
saying that if the feds grant a license that allows one to be master
of a motor vessel that Connecticut can make a law that voids the
federal license in CT? As I say I'm no expert but that seems so wrong
that I wonder if you could explain how it would work.

Except to say that PWCs aren't the only thrust vectored vessels and
that they and z-drives, outboards, i/o's, other jet craft, etc are
pretty well understood by professionals I'm not going to bother with
your straw man arguments. Generally professional mariners are
experienced, knowledgeable and careful. As a class I think that they
are better qualified to operate vessels than recreational boaters
who's only cert is a safe boating course.

-- Tom.