DK DK is offline

Default Early morning adventures

wrote:
On Aug 31, 11:19 am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 31, 11:09 am, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
Anyway, some of you have firearms for protection.. What do you think
is safer:
Retreat, call 911 and warn the perp that he could get shot?
or
Run downstaris totally out of cover and hope to reach the first floor
before some asshole blows your balls off or you end up in a gunfight
with some little kid...??
I would love for someone who has had training to make the call
here...
I knew a guy who was an advanced level martial arts blackbelt. He taught
several of the popular self defense techniques or styles.
His first line of defense and advice to be used against any aggressive
intruder with a gun was, "Run like hell".
Personally, I don't like guns, even though I own a shotgun. If I were
forced to use it, I would, but not before several warnings to an intruder to
get the hell out and only if I felt that my wife or I were in immediate
physical danger.
If the intruder is unarmed, I'd use a bit of old Navy training learned while
standing Shore Patrol duty. (sorry Harry). I keep one of those short
aluminum bats (used by fishermen to knock a big fish senseless) handy in
the house. A solid whack with it applied to the shins of just about
anybody will usually cause them to crumple to the floor in pain. Unless
they are drunk. Causes no permanent damage, but grown men have been known
to sit on the ground, bawling their eyes out after a good thunk!
Eisboch
"If the intruder is unarmed..."
Well, how the hell are you going to determine that, if at the second you
looked, he didn't have a gun in his hand? What's in his pants pocket or
jacket pocket or shoved down in the top of his jeans?
My opinion is that if there is a "burglar" in my house late at night, he
is there to do more than steal a stereo, and I don't need to wait around
until I am shot or knifed. My assumption is that anyone who breaks into
my house late at night *is* armed and dangerous, and I will act
accordingly. That means, I'm not going to engage a perp in conversation
"Run like hell" where in the middle of a black night, Eisboch? To the
"perp's" accomplice waiting in a running car in the driveway?
BTW, if you plan to club the "perp" with a bat, you will have to get a
lot closer to him than I would.
I'd rather have the coroner at my house picking up the body of a dead
perp than a dead family member.- Hide quoted text -
Harrytales and Lobsta' boats.. your comments are dismissed...

It's not my problem that you are intellectually and emotionally
unprepared for serious discussions. Go play pocket pool with Loogy.- Hide quoted text -

Well, let's try it! Let's have a "serious discussion" about your
alleged lobster boat, shall we?
Let's then have a "serious discussion" about your father's trans-
Atlantic trip in a small runabout and his fireboat welcome in NYC,
shall we?
I'm betting Harry will choose to ignore this!

Good bet.