DK DK is offline

Default Bow cover for the Tolman

wrote:
On Aug 30, 10:29 pm, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

On Aug 30, 9:18 pm, DK wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 30, 6:35 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 30, 5:28 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
I wanted some sort of tent type cover for sleeping under on my 20'
Tolman. I want to eventually connect it to the bimini via clear
vinyl. I bought some 1/4" fiberglass poles from Mcmaster-Carr and
drilled holes on either gunnel they would slide into and bent them
form an arch. Then, I took some white polytarp and sewed some
sleeves
to accept those poles. It works pretty dang good. I need to sew
the
clear vinyl next and put on snaps to make it fasten tot eh bimini.
If
all this works, i will eventually order Sunbrella to make a
permanent
version.
Why would you *want* to sleep on that boat, anyway?
For the same reason I sleep in a backpacking tent on camping trips..
You like to feed the mosquitoes?
It will have snap on screens just like my sailboat.
Ignore WAFA - he is only here to "watch"/antagonize/instigate...
For some ppl it would be a good question. I go to some odd places
where there are no accomodations so that is why I am doing this.

Ignore Dingy dan, another non boater here to agitate, irritate and
instigate.
The Sandpiper 565 group that I used to belong to had their annual rendezvous
at the first of the month and camping out on the mini-cruiser sailboats is
one of the hi-lights.
One member found a screen cover meant for outdoor furniture and was able to
adapt it to his sailboat to keep both modest cabin and cockpit clear of
insects.
That's a lot better than my experience last year when I wrapped myself with
the material like a mummy in order to get some sleep.- Hide quoted text -

Your BJ buddie comes in with two stupid comments in a boating thread,
and you are complaining about DK telling the OP to ignore him.. Guess
we know why you are here too.

He won't/can't get it.