DK DK is offline

Default Bow cover for the Tolman

wrote:
On Aug 30, 10:29 pm, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

On Aug 30, 9:18 pm, DK wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 30, 6:35 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 30, 5:28 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
I wanted some sort of tent type cover for sleeping under on my 20'
Tolman. I want to eventually connect it to the bimini via clear
vinyl. I bought some 1/4" fiberglass poles from Mcmaster-Carr and
drilled holes on either gunnel they would slide into and bent them
form an arch. Then, I took some white polytarp and sewed some
sleeves
to accept those poles. It works pretty dang good. I need to sew
the
clear vinyl next and put on snaps to make it fasten tot eh bimini.
If
all this works, i will eventually order Sunbrella to make a
permanent
version.
Why would you *want* to sleep on that boat, anyway?
For the same reason I sleep in a backpacking tent on camping trips.
You like to feed the mosquitoes?
It will have snap on screens just like my sailboat.
Ignore WAFA - he is only here to "watch"/antagonize/instigate...
For some ppl it would be a good question. I go to some odd places
where there are no accomodations so that is why I am doing this.

Ignore Dingy dan, another non boater here to agitate, irritate and
instigate.
The Sandpiper 565 group that I used to belong to had their annual rendezvous
at the first of the month and camping out on the mini-cruiser sailboats is
one of the hi-lights.
One member found a screen cover meant for outdoor furniture and was able to
adapt it to his sailboat to keep both modest cabin and cockpit clear of
insects.
That's a lot better than my experience last year when I wrapped myself with
the material like a mummy in order to get some sleep.

Once on a caving trip in Belize, we tried drinking with some Brit
soldiers, got so drunk I must not have tied my skeeter net well
enough. A week after I got back, started getting high fevers followed
by about 18 hr lapse then fever again and it got worse and worse.
Docs didnt know what i was till I got totally delirious and my wife
took me to hospital again with 105 fever (I was out of it).
Fortunately, an army doc from the Canal Zone walked by looked at my
chart in curiosity and said "This man has malaria". Apparently you
cannot see the critters in the blood very well unless you stain the
blood to look for em. The upside is, I dont have to feel guilty about
not donating blood.

Dumb Donny says I'm a non-boater? He has a tiny rowboat with a tiny
Johnson on it and he knows damn well what I own. I'm adding another in
the coming week(s)...