Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Gotta admit ...

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:08:14 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Now a *union* plumber wouldn't do that. 8)

Yeah, sure.
BTW when my seminary-trained union plumber came over to do the
job on my pump, I was "aiding" him where I could, out of habit.
After draining the tank with the pump he turned off the wall switch
and started to disconnect the wiring from the pump switch.
I said "Wait. Let me flip the breaker. I never trust those switches
being wired with the hot and ground right."
He said "Don't worry, the switch should be good enough."
He got zapped about 10 seconds later.
I flipped the breaker.
Man, I hate electricity.
Best advice I heard from an electrician is "Keep one hand in your
pocket."
Since I need 2 hands to work, that takes care of that.

--Vic