Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Gotta admit ...

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:07:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

I still don't think there are as many union electricians and plumbers making
you would like everyone believe. But now you spin it to *specialty
welders*.

Had a union plumber out a couple months ago to replace the pump in my
Tramco lift system. The non-union guy I rejected told me the pump
itself cost $2300 but didn't give a labor estimate.
The union plumber, Peter, was actually seminary-trained - as a priest.
The pump cost was $900 he told me, and he spent about 5 hours working
and a couple hours driving here and back from Chicago.
Sat at the kitchen table to do the bill, put a finger on his chin to
figure the cost. Looked like a priest doing that.
$2100. I was happy.
You figure the hourly on that.
Couple days ago the pump started making noise, so I have to get him
back out here. Damn.

--Vic