Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Early morning adventures

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:43:19 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

If the intruder is unarmed, I'd use a bit of old Navy training learned
while
standing Shore Patrol duty. (sorry Harry). I keep one of those short
aluminum bats (used by fishermen to knock a big fish senseless) handy in
the house. A solid whack with it applied to the shins of just about
anybody will usually cause them to crumple to the floor in pain. Unless
they are drunk. Causes no permanent damage, but grown men have been known
to sit on the ground, bawling their eyes out after a good thunk!

That fish billy reminds me of something. My uncle told me this true
story.
When he was still living in my dad's home town of Terre Haute,
Indiana, one of his group's buddies died before his time.
The group were drinking hard after the wake, and ended up hauling the
buddy's body over to a tavern for a last drink with his pals.
Two guys walked him in and set him up on a stool at the bar when
the bartender was busy cracking ice with his ice billy.
Looked like he was sleeping with his arms and head on the bar.
They live guys all had a few drinks, and had a beer set up for their
dead buddy. The bartender didn't know he was dead.
Soon they walked outside to look at the new '41 Ford one of the guys
had just bought.
My uncle happened to be looking in the bar window, and could hear
and see what happened inside.
The bartender shook the dead guy and said,
"Hey, wake up you lousy drunk. I want to close up."
After a couple tries at this, the bartender got steamed and using his
ice billy whacked the guy on the head, knocking him off the stool.
Uncle Russ and his buddies ran into the bar and gathered around their
buddy on the floor.
Russ looked up at the bartender and said, "You sonofabitch, you killed
my buddy!"
The bartender said, "Hey! He pulled a knife on me!"

--Vic

heh. that's funny.

Eisboch