Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Power and Sail Squadron recreational boater qualifications.

wrote

http://www.tc.gc.ca/marinesafety/deb...ck_visitor.htm

According to this, if I want to spent more than 45 days operating in Canada
(quite likely if I want to see Newfoundland), I have to have proof of
competency in three forms, one of which only appears applicable if I charter
a boat up there. So...

Take a Canadian boating course. or get (quote):

An operator card or equivalent that meets the requirements of their state or
country.

My state and country do not issue such cards except for USCG licenses. Now
what do I do?

Interesting aside: It appears that in most of Canada alcohol can only be
consumed on boats with permanent sleeping and cooking facilities while they
are tied to a dock. That would be the end of life as we know it for most
boaters here in the US although it wouldn't change my habits any.

--
Roger Long