Thomas, Spring Point Light Thomas, Spring Point Light is offline

Default Power and Sail Squadron recreational boater qualifications.

"terry" wrote in message
By end 2009 Canadian all recreational boaters will be required to
possess suitable qualifications.

Been touch with rep. of the Power and Sail Squad. and one of the
claims made is that their course, unlike some of the more
straightforward 'Boating Safety' courses, is the only one that
qualifies for operating a boat in both Canada and USA. While that is
unlikely in short term it could be a significant advantage.

They also have a 12 week one evening per week course which is more
comprehensive which includes the the above qualification.

Any advice regarding this would be most appreciated. It is many years
since did any actual sailing.

Terry

Presently refitting our 26 foot Westerly Tiger; sal****er, out of
Newfoundland, Canada.

I did the power squadron course a couple years back.. and I remembered
how much I had forgot..

It was a great course. Very informative. I'm glad I took it.