Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Early morning adventures

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:52:57 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

By this time I am thinking, "This is stupid. What if the person in the
barn is armed?" I looked around in the dark for anything I could use as a
makeshift weapon .... piece of wood .... anything, but there was nothing.

As I pondered the situation, the light re-appeared from the barn. So, I
jumped out from behind the tree and roared as loudly as I could, "What the
hell's going on?" and started moving towards the light, adrenalin pumping.

A voice in the dark replied, "****!" ..... then another voice called out to
me ... Then, out of the dark, two cops, dressed in black, one holding the
lease of a beautiful, but threatening black German Shepard came towards me.

I identified myself as the home owner and had seen unusual lights. Turns
out they were tracking a car thief operating in the neighborhood and the dog
had led them to our property.

Searched all around until dawn, but didn't find him. My heart has finally
stopped racing.

Heh. Gets you thinking, doesn't it?
Maybe if you had been armed and snuck into a good position, but got
spotted by the cops, it could have gotten interesting.
When I was a kid I was hiding from the cops. Just out past curfew.
Somebody had reported "intruders" in the area.
It was me and a couple other twelve year olds waiting for another
friend to sneak out. We used to "camp" in the park when they had
bushes with tunnel structures. Almost like a city in there.
They cut down all those bushes in city parks about ten years later
after a couple of rapes in other parks.
Anyway, the other guys ran off and I ducked into a sort of an alcove
of the apartment building where the chimney was.
Soon a cop that was snooping for the "intruder" inched around to me
with gun drawn and shone a flashlight in my face.
If I had bolted at the right time he might have shot me instead of
driving me home to my ma.
Tricky stuff.
I usually let out the loud, commanding shout like you did, but I may
have just called 911 instead. Getting too old to have my heart
racing.

--Vic