Arco

Default open boat self-steering

Well - I'm not looking for a boat design. Let me try to make myself
more clear.

Subject: OPEN BOAT SELF-STEERING

Question: Can anyone recommend a good windvane and/or self-steering
solution that could be used on a 17' open boat?

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:23:50 -0500, Barlovento
wrote:

Try the 200$ sailboat
http://home.att.net/~DaveCarnell/sailboat.html#Top

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:33:18 -0800, Arco wrote:

I'm shopping for a light, open, simple sailboat that I can use for
cruising/camping trips on big lakes and coastal waters. I'm most
interested in the 17' designs by Drascombe and Norseboat.
http://www.drascombe-association.org.uk
http://www.norseboat.com

My old 40' sloop had a Monitor windvane - a fantastic piece of
equipment.

Can anyone recommend a good windvane and/or self-steering solution
that could be used on a 17' open boat?

Thanks in advance.