Brian Whatcott

Default Outboard thrust bearing for sailboat.

On 9 Mar 2004 16:16:15 -0800, (john m.) wrote:

Brian Whatcott wrote in message . ..
Why do you want to replace it?

Brian W

Less friction. I want all the energy of the 12hp diesel engine to go to the prop.

Hmmm...if it's really, really sticky, it might be using 0.5 even 1 HP

If it did though, it would wear out in about 20 - 50 hours.
But it hasn't. And if it was that sticky, you STILL couldn't tell
the difference if it was replaced with a fabulous Zero-Friction
bearing made of Unobtainium (in my humble view).
So the best advice I could offer (which because it is free, I don't
suppose you will take up) is...leave it alone until it is a REAL
problem.

Good luck

Brian