BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default McCain up by 2 ;)

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
I vote for the person who I think will best serve the best interests
of the USA in national and international issues, not for the one who
will best forward a political party's agenda, developed through
political compromise and back room deals.

Eisboch

You don't have to be "registered" to be a Republican or a Democrat.
If you vote mostly Republican, you are a Republican. You vote mostly
Republican, I am sure, especially for President.

In the past, I've voted both. I voted for Carter once and I voted for
Clinton once.
Does that surprise you?

So, I don't consider myself a Republican or a Democrat. I simply vote
for one or the other, depending on my modest judgement of who will
best serve the national interests of the USA.

One of the attractive qualities of Obama .... in fact maybe the *only*
attractive quality .... is that a President Obama would probably be
better equipped to salvage and repair our image abroad at the moment.
Not to be pandering to forgein opinion, but in this day and age
respect of the USA by others is important to our national interests,
economy and security. I realize that and it's an important issue.
Bush's policies, right or wrong, have pretty much demolished any
international respect.

On the other hand, Russia is flexing it's muscles again, taking full
advantage of our current weaknesses and lack of international support.
That also has me a bit concerned. I don't think academic diplomacy
alone will nip it.

The office of POTUS is more about leadership in a global environment
than it is about detailed social policies at home, IMO.
There are other bodies of elected representatives (Congress) that
should be doing their job.

As for McCain's VP pick? I really don't know. A couple of weeks
ago I was thinking it would be Romney for sure, but I have a hunch
that we may be in for a surprise.

Eisboch

Whatever Russia does, there's nothing in McCain's resume that indicate
he will be equipped to deal with it.

Obama wants to take us down the same road headed in the direction that
Putin's u-turn will take Russia.